Thursday, March 4, 2010

Try This at Home!

I’m watching Survivor right now and listening to Coach go on and on about how fabulous he is. The only Survivor season we didn’t watch was the one he was on. Am I missing something? Is something amazing about him that I’m just not seeing?

The packing is mostly done but there really wasn’t much to throw together; Michael Jr. and I will be coming back Saturday night. The majority of what I packed consisted of things to do while I wait in the lodge for Michael Jr. to practice and take his lesson: yarn and knitting supplies to make myself an earflap hat, The Bible and an Old Testament study manual (because I have a hankering to write something about Lot’s wife), paper, pencils, pens, Michael Jr.’s Duty to God booklet and a chart to fill out, a file full of recipes to make a meal schedule for the month, and a DVD player and a few Project Runway disks from last season. Oh and lots of snacks. I’m ready to hunker down and get productive. And with no housework to silently browbeat me, I just might.

I think I’ll do some product endorsements/reviews tonight:

The Furminator. We saw this pet brush thing at Ace Hardware last week when they had that sale where you get 20% off whatever you shove in a bag. The picture of the cat with the piles of hair around it looked promising because we have two excessively furry cats and they leave clumps of fuzz around all the time. My goodness; with a tool like this a lunatic could spin a sweater’s worth of cat yarn! Maybe. I don’t know. Can you even do that? Ick. But anyway, we bought this thing. Unfortunately it doesn’t come with a tranquilizer gun. The cats were beyond uninterested in sitting still for this treatment. We got about a half-handful of fluff before they completely freaked out. I think this might be a great tool for dogs. They might even like it.

Gibson Guitar App. for the iPhone. This is pretty cool. I don’t actually play the guitar but we have the Learn & Master DVD set and it’s one of those things on My List that I’ve just got to get to. This app is FREE and it includes a tuner, a metronome, and chord charts. There are Learn & Master lesson previews as well. I’m looking forward to playing around with this one.

Shark Steam Pocket Mop. I just looked online and the prices were higher than what we bought this for at Costco. Deena mentioned buying one a few weeks ago and she said it worked very well. We have almost all hard-surface floors in our house and I figured this might put an end to the On My Hands and Knees/Bucket of Pine-Sol thing. I hoped. Okay friends, this thing is Fabulous! It cleans the floors better than anything I’ve ever used and it uses only water and the microfiber pads get thrown in the wash. It’s AWESOME. So great that I talked Michael into buying me the handheld version for cleaning everything else.

Mary Kay’s Satin Hands. I’ve written before that Michael Jr. has horrible eczema. The worst has been his hands. They’d itch like crazy and were red and cracked from all the gnawing he did on them. It was nothing short of disgusting. We tried lots of different creams and ointments but nothing stopped the itching. The other day Sharon asked me if I wanted to try a sample of something. I said sure because why not but I had no expectation that it would do anything but annoy him. He did the whole routine with the three products at night and in the morning, after one use, we could see a difference. After two his fingers stopped itching. I haven’t seen him with his fingers in his mouth for two days. It’s crazy! Needless to say, I bought the stuff. Just wish it came in 55-gallon drums. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. #1 - Coach is an idiot - He is the ONLY one that thinks so highly of himself - Jerry and him deserve each other!

    #2 - Let me know how the handheld steam cleaner works - I am very interested!!!

    #3 - I love Satin hands, but I never would have thought to use it on eczema - David's hands break out some times, I will have to remember this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did suggest the gibson app, I forwarded the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I owned a Shark Steamer a few years ago and with the hard water here in Las Vegas, it lived a short but useful life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm late on this (that's a whole other story) but I have to put in my 2 cents:
    LOVE the furminator. If it reduces Jill's hair, it's good. I recommend always doing it outside.
    Mary Kay Satin Hands also rates an A in my book. I'd give it an A+ if they were more enviromentally friendly but to my knowledge they still test on animals. (yah, I know...tree hugger...) It's great though and I also have suffered from dry skin. So glad to hear it's helped Michael.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?