Friday, March 5, 2010

Pause, Day 1

This is going to have to be ultra short and sweet. I’m tuckered out and it’s another early morning to hit the slopes.

It was a great day at White Pass; the sun was shining and Michael Jr. spent hours practicing before and after his lesson. I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to but whatever. I found a corner table with an outlet next to it and watched several episodes of last season’s Project Runway while I knitted and read the newspaper. A much needed Pause. I won’t say much deserved and certainly I’d say my husband could use A Pause even more than me. But why not just say it? I needed it. It doesn’t have to imply that anyone else needed it less.

What was that about?

Is spring approaching even faster over here? Fruit trees are blossoming and the daffodils are blooming. It was a beautiful day. When we got to my parent’s house, Dad made chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and hamburger gravy like Michael Jr. requested. It was sort of strange being here without everyone else but quiet is a nice change of pace every so often, isn’t it?

After dinner Dad told Michael Jr. about going to Safeway in search of the new “burn flavored” Doritos and “cease fire Pepsi” only to find they had no such things. What’s he talking about? It sounds like something he would come up with on his own but he actually went to the store looking for them. We must get really different products/commercials on the other side of the mountains! Or wait. I don’t actually watch commercials so I wouldn’t know.

This evening Mom showed me her new laptop. Oh my gosh! One icon on the desktop! I love it! So far she can get to her AOL e-mail account and send e-mails to us kids and earlier this week Dad asked her to Google something. We’re getting somewhere. Michael and Charlotte suggested I set her up with a Facebook account. And you know what? You’ll be so proud. I totally did it. I don’t think she understood most of what I was showing her (not because she’s lame or because it’s complicated; it’s just something completely foreign) but we sent out a ton of friend requests to friends and family and I bet if she checks it out every so often she’ll get the hang of it. Or completely ignore it. We’ll see!

While we were fooling around with her profile I noticed that Michael’s status update was that he’d taken the little boys for a walk to Dairy Queen. How was that possible? It was well after 10 p.m.!!! What was he thinking? Was it even open?? I decided I’d better hit the sack; long day tomorrow. I went back to my bedroom and did a double take when I saw the clock radio on my nightstand. It wasn’t even 9 p.m. How was that possible? Oh. Turns out Mom’s laptop is on Central Time. It only felt like I’d lost two hours of my life explaining Facebook! Since when do Friend Requests require security words? I couldn’t begin to guess how many of those I typed in tonight.

Anyway, long past time to sleep. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll make it on Project Runway...or at least the hat (Is that a hat your are knitting?).

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?