Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What Do You Think? Seriously. I'm Talking to You.

o















My daughter is bouncing off the walls. Silly. Squealing. Getting the little boys ready for bed and telling them they have to so mom and dad can wrap presents. She wants to go to bed to make tomorrow (and consequently the day after) come sooner. To them the mention of gifts is a stimulant of the highest order.

She calls out to Kenny in a voice so loud, speaking so fast I can barely make out the words: “Kenny if you’re sleeping in here I call not being on the edge!”. She has all three younger boys in her room (the TV room), lining them up on the futon and if the noise emanating from that room is any indication, no one’s getting any sleep anytime soon. Oh well, the wrapping can wait. It gives me a little more time with YOU.

We need to talk.

Doesn’t that sound ominous? Like I’m breaking up with you (I’m not) or you've crossed some imaginary line (you haven't). Has anyone ever said this to you? Have I ever mentioned that nothing sends me running faster than being told “We need to talk”? Seriously. It freaks me out.

But we kind of do need to talk. I need some blog advice. We’ll get to that in a bit.

Today my friend (and maybe yours) Teresa (Teri Hull) came down from Seattle with her daughter to join us in some extended Gluttony. When she first mentioned coming down my first thought was this: Could I possibly convince her to pick up some Trophy cupcakes for me? I’m BAD that way. Being the dear that she is, she kindly offered to pick up an order if I called one in. So, today Teresa and Leonora picked Sierra and I up after they stopped at Stewart’s (because OBVIOUSLY) and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch at Casa Mia catching up on several years of life. I think we need many more lunches to actually catch up but we’re off to a good start. After lunch we drove to Rainier to buy dozens of cookies at Main Street Cookie Company. And take lots of photos. I think we may have freaked out the lady working there; she eyed us rather suspiciously. But seriously, I can’t help myself. I need to take pictures of delicious things. And anyway, I’m the best advertisement they’ve ever had. Just nod. You know I’m right.

On the way back to my parent’s house we stopped for photos of the zonkey on 148th. Here’s where I’d put a hyperlink to my blog back on June 24th when we first visited the cookie shop and first saw the zonkey. But that doesn’t work when I send messages through Facebook.

Which sort of brings me, in a roundabout way, to my blog question. This afternoon Teresa told me I need to make the blog public again. Because it just needs to be. I admit I’ve been thinking about it for a few weeks, wondering if I should do it. I made it private originally because I felt certain that there was a particular person reading it for the sole purpose of having her nose in my business. Someone who would never say they liked what I wrote or even admit they read it. Someone looking for something bad to come of it. I’ve had to think and think about whether or not I should sweat that kind of thing. It’s certainly the risk you take when you bare it all (or at least a lot of it) in such a public way. There’s no way to restrict it to Only People Who Love and Adore Tiff. Or At Least Find Her Marginally Interesting. Now my blog site is a sad little place with “No Unmoderated Comments Found” glaring at me daily. I love getting your messages in my Inbox on Facebook but the comments on the blog were fun too because everyone could see what everyone else said. Even better would be a way to comment on the comments so I could easily write back but I’m not clued in enough to figure that out.

So, let’s talk. Send me a Facebook message and tell me what you think. Do you like getting these messages in your Inbox (that wouldn’t have to end necessarily) or do you prefer the way it used to be with the blog open to see without signing in? And by the way, if you’re receiving these messages after joining the group site and would like access to the actual blog, just send me your e-mail address. This is a tough one for me. Probably tougher than it should be. Maybe I need to go munch another cookie and mull it over.

P.S. It’s Christmas Eve Eve—are you excited yet???
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love getting the messages in my inbox. Sometimes I read them there, then sometimes I go in to see the photos later. It's a tough decision to make and only you can make it. Either way I always enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you choose to do is fine (as long as I can keep reading). ;)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?