Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thanks


















I can hardly believe it! I actually made it to the year’s end without taking a blogging break. It was a goal but nothing I had high hopes of achieving.

I started on April 16th and here we are at post #261. The thought that some of you have actually read each of these blows my mind a little.

Over the course of the last several months my blog has come to mean a lot to me. It’s a place I can rest my addled brain and share my Stuff. I’ve spent lots of time wondering if this was a good idea or just a bad one in good idea clothing but your cyber listening and cyber support have been cyberiffic. In a year I’d just as soon be done with, you all are a very bright spot.

I’m going to pretend this an award show for most persistent blogger. Blogging even in the face of a complete dearth of anything important to actually say. Blogging only because I can. A few Thank You’s are in order.

Thanks to Michael for putting up with me and for pushing me to write. I love him and apologize publicly for anything embarrassing I may have written. Thanks to my kids for giving me so much to write about. Seriously kids, it’s almost ridiculous the amount of Stuff you give me. CTM . . .

Thanks to my neighbor ladies Marijke (yes, you count!), Berta, Krista, and Tia. Thanks to Tia especially for being there always.

Thanks to Michael’s high school friends who treat me like their own. Beckie, George, Kelley, and Katie, you’ve all become my friends along the way.

Thanks to all the other friends from my hometown, college, and beyond. I love that I can write as if you’re right there because you sort of are.

Thanks to my extended family that I never really knew before Facebook. Michelle Heath and Sarah Hogan come to mind but there are lots more. I love that we’ve found a way to connect.

Thanks to friends like Kellie, Mindy, Tami, Buffy, and Cynthia who may not fall into the above categories but who have made me feel loved and that maybe I’m writing about universal concepts. Like maybe, just maybe, the universe isn’t conspiring against me.

Thanks to Deena and David for giving us a reason to get out of the house! She’s in the House way too much. You guys are awesome and I’m so glad we’ve become friends.

Finally, thanks to Dianna Stiebrs for being my Facebook Mom. You know just what to say!

To everyone, thanks for sharing my year with me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! And thank you for sharing your thoughts and letting us be a part of your life! It's been fun, entertaining, and informative at times. May 2010 be a great year for your family!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?