Sunday, October 4, 2009

This Is What Two Valedictorians Look Like
















And I'm not talking about the photo of me.

Who are these fabulous people? And why is that girl wearing a year supply of eye shadow? I can tell you that I’m the girl with the eye shadow and Michael is the boy with the pretty girl but that’s all I can offer. I posted these pictures not only because I’m devoid of good sense but also because it proves the point that at one time, Michael was skinny. Folks chuckle when they hear it but he was so thin his family referred to him as “Bones”. College life, keggers, and his metabolism caught up with him and it’s been a struggle ever since. It’s essentially the same story for me. We love to eat well. We’re not great at portion control. Whatever. Everyone knows how it goes.

A few years back, on a Sunday morning, Michael began having shooting pain in his side. As it turned out, he had kidney stones. *cue the music* Dr. It’s A Small World After All recognized his last name and told us he was a resident at a hospital in which Michael's brother had priviledges. He also told us Michael had diabetes. Uh oh.

The first thing Michael did was call this brother, an endocrinologist. His diet needed adjusting and he needed to exercise. No question about it. His brother had recently purchased a Bowflex and liked it. Maybe it would be right for him too.

When I heard that, I had visions of the Cougar mom (she prefers Lynx or Ocelot, thank you very much) in her bikini, poolside with the Bowflex. I could stand looking like that and of course the only reason I don’t is because I don’t have a Bowflex, right? There could be no other possible explanation.

So, a month later, the Bowflex is set up in the garage. And there it sits, to this day, haunting it. Taunting me. I don’t know what to do with the thing and I’m too lazy to figure it out. No one touched it until today. Michael and I bought the iFlex app for our phones and it tells you exactly what exercises to do each day. What it doesn’t tell you is how to set up the machine to do those exercises so we spent awhile in the garage going over the manual and figuring out how it works. Let me just say I think it’s a pain in the butt. Still though, I’m turning 40 in a couple of months and although I’ve long since bid a fond farewell to the eye shadow, I wouldn’t mind parts of me baring a closer resemblance to that photo than they do now. Just saying.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Jeff looks like he has sunburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the eyeshadow! That hair is AMAZING girl!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?