Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Not Saying It's A Good Thing

I cut out the Clorox Wipes 3-pack coupon a week or so ago to use at Costco but we left the store with only a rain check. The next few days I shoved Viva paper towels (The Best Paper Towel. Period.) in my near empty containers scattered throughout the house to soak up the liquid and get me through till I bought more. Today I ran to Winco with a list and a few twenties—they don’t take credit and I forgot my debit card pin number (surprise, surprise) for that same checking account—and found myself with a really ugly choice as I found my last item. The wipes. I had to either put back the hot chocolate or forgo my jumbo tub of Clorox Wipes. Well, at least my kitchen and bathrooms will benefit.

Oh and Bob Cat came back! Who’s Bob Cat? I’m glad you asked. Bob Cat is the most awesome cat around and although she’s the smallest I’d say she’s Alpha among the others here. Since Mr. Beardsley met his untimely end last November that is. For whatever reason, Panchito and Bandita seem to defer to her. I’m sure she’s very wise and probably has mad skills only cats recognize. Like maybe ninja or raccoon fighting or something. I don’t know.

It goes without saying that not every struggle I currently find myself in or every stray thought that crosses my mind is interesting or worth bringing up here.

In the last few days I’ve wrestled a bit with this thing. This blog. The WHY of it. I’ve already written about why I started writing but that isn’t exactly where I’m going with this. Why do I feel compelled to write daily (aside from the prodding by the husband person)? Why do I want to share what goes on in this noggin of mine?

Something you may not know about me is that I like my alone time. I should say I NEED my alone time. I get that when I write. In my line of work it’s easy to isolate yourself and easy to feel like you’re definitely the only one running this particular race. But of course it isn’t true and I know my thoughts and experiences are in no way unique or unusual. And I think I share because I know you’re out there. You who can relate.

Writing is something I love but I’m sure at times (many, many times) I’ve come across as more crazed, stressed, bewildered, and/or freaked out than I actually I am. Tone of voice is a little tricky to convey without the whole voice thing. Tongue in cheek can, at times, go unnoticed. Also, writing every day, writing what’s real (and occasionally imagined), I run the risk of what I’ve come to call OverSharing. This is relative; it’s oversharing to some, hilariously real to others. But it’s me and I make no apologies, even when the cyber crickets start to chirp. Even when “0 Comments” becomes the norm.

I’m not saying it’s a good thing, but it’s my thing.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. A lot. Keep on writing, my friend. I love hearing what's going on in your noggin. haha. I may not always leave a comment, but I am out here...reading FAITHFULLY every one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tia...I'm not much of a writer so don't always comment, but am a faithful daily reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I love your blog! Cynthia W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I should ditto those comments. Whenever your blog comes up on my reader feed, I faithfully browse!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?