Friday, October 9, 2009

And The Wall Goes Up

























What I really feel moved to write about tonight are the waterbeds I’ve known and loved but I guess tonight’s topic has chosen itself.

Mom called today asking after Sierra. She’s wondering how she’s holding up. Earlier in the week two of her classmates died in a really horrific car crash and as you can imagine, it’s been a rocky week for a whole lot of people. The teachers are deeply affected, the children are a mess. It sounds like the school is handling it well with an army of counselors at the ready but this is the hard stuff. The events that make time stand still and memories indelible. I think of this family (the girls were cousins) and what they are dealing with right now. It’s just too much.

On this end we have nothing to complain about. Our girl is living it up at a friend’s slumber party with all the girls she went to school with last year. Michael Jr. just texted that he’s arrived at camp with his fellow scouts. Our little boys are where they should be. We all know it but mostly we don’t live it: It can all be taken in an instant.

Mother Dear also told me that she was put in the position of having to explain my house arrest and electronic ankle monitor to her sister because someone who read about it on My Space or whatever told her. Just for the record, I’ve never been on MySpace and this bit of info was straight from my blog. She seemed very uncool with it. Add to this that my Site Meter indicates that I have daily readers who in no other way give me the time of day. Extended family members who lurk. I guess what I’m saying is that I didn’t do this to cause embarrassment or discomfort to anyone. I’m feeling overexposed but I love my blog and have decided not to quit writing it. I’ve put up a wall, but you, dear friends, you’re invited in. I want to keep only my readers who take this all in the spirit in which it’s given.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite...I think you are a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to keep going--it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping the blog - it is one of my favorite evening reads!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?