Friday, July 17, 2009

Change of Plans

“Look Mom! You gotta look! Did you see that? Mom they’re maggots!”

I think I’m going to be sick. Really; I’m serious. I’m sitting on the couch with Michael and Michael Jr. watching “Monsters Inside Me” on the Animal Planet and they’re both insisting I watch how mosquitoes deposit Bot Fly eggs into hosts. Human hosts. This example is the head of a man who visited Belize. I do not want to hear about how my flesh is a great place to live. I do not want to hear about the voracious appetite of maggots. I do not want to visit Belize. But I do want to hang out with these guys since we’ll be apart for several more days after tonight. So I’m doing what I’ve got to do.

Michael was going to meet me tomorrow morning in Cle Elum to bring Michael Jr. back to Richland; he’s got Scout camp this next week and has to have everything ready by 7 p.m. This morning I started to rethink the plan. I hated the idea of Michael driving the ancient Accord that far with no a/c and cutting into the time they could be packing. I had nothing else to do so we packed up and took off.

I guess it was a mistake to not check the pass report but I never, never do that in the summer. It’s Friday so I decided on White Pass to avoid the I-5 corridor. Unfortunately there was a lot of road work being done up there and we had a good long wait. On the up side, the place we had to stop for half an hour was directly across from an amazing waterfall I’d never noticed before. We were able to stretch our legs and eat the leftover blackberry pie with our bare hands. Delightful.

I’m in for another long drive tomorrow but I’m glad I did it this way. I just hope the other four are behaving themselves with Grandma and Grandpa. I planned to go to bed at a decent hour and I’m tired now but I'm willingly staying up to watch t.v. with these two. After watching the segment about bed bugs and their method of “traumatic insemination”, I’m just not that eager to lay down. Good night, sleep tight . . .
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?