Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Josh is 3!

Something kept me from sleeping on the trampoline. That sun burn is still giving me grief.

Today the baby is 3. Probably shouldn't still call him that. Josh changed his mind about the Darth Vadar (Happy Man) cake and asked for Yoda. Perfect because I had no idea how I was going to convince the rest of the kids to eat black frosting. Yuck. They probably would have eaten it happily but still, yuck.

Josh and Sam got quite a surprise tonight. Last Christmas they wanted this ridiculously expensive triceratops (and large enough it ought to be paying rent). Santa blew that request off but when the same thing showed up at Wal-Mart a month or so ago at 1/5th the original price, it ended up in our garage waiting for the May birthdays. Josh and Sam opened it tonight and as I type I can hear it making creepy, goat-like sounds. I wonder who will wake me up first with nightmares?

The weather today and this evening has been for me like an intravenous drip of swell. A sweet breeze blowing through the sycamores and my wind chimes ringing from somewhere in the backyard. I cannot get enough.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. We had black frosting when my mom turned 40. It turned all the plaque on our teeth gray. It was horrible! I don't think I will ever forget.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?