Thursday, May 21, 2009

China

Sam has a new designation for all things of which he is uninterested. If he doesn’t want to do it, have it, eat it, watch it, it’s for babies. Baths are for babies, picking up after one’s self is for babies, even eating all of one’s dinner before having dessert is for babies. And now we learn China is for babies.

Michael called yesterday morning and told me about some job openings in China. I’ve always been interested in short term (no more than a year or three) travel if expenses were paid and the salary was nice. This is all just talk; I can’t imagine an offer so good that we’d actually pull up stakes and head in that direction. Sam overheard this and told me in no uncertain terms that he was not moving to China. “China is for babies!”

We could probably use more cultural education around here –at least Sam could. The oldest three know more about different parts of the world and what’s interesting and unique about them than I do. My little xenophobe Sam, on the other hand, has received all of his knowledge about China from “Kung Fu Panda”, “Mulan”, and The Mandarin House menu. But that doesn’t make sense. If that’s all I knew my bags would be packed already.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?