Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where there's a will there's a way . . .

This past weekend my parents came for a visit and while they were here Michael and I used Dad's truck to take our mattress to the dump. While we had the truck we thought we'd see if we could find ourselves another mattress and avoid the whole Aero bed scenerio. We purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress and were able to pick it up at the warehouse right before it closed.
It seemed perfect. And then we got it home. Sure, it was the same size as our old mattress and box springs but I guess those had more "give". Despite the best efforts of my parents and Michael, there was no getting that mattress through our doorway. Still though, where there is a will, there is a way. My dad has a very strong will. With Sawzall in hand, he made the way.

So . . . we have this new mattress. And it smells just awful. We have it on good authority that the stench will dissipate in a few weeks or so; I hope that's the case. It's really something to get used to. A traditional bed has some bounce, some give. This thing absorbs all energy expended making even crawling into it feel like effort to me (I sound about 95 years old, don't I?). Still though, it sleeps like a dream. No more aches and Michael says he's sleeping well too. Something to get used to I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! That is SO the dentist in him! They scare me at times!! Now my fears have been magnified! They do crazy stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the stories we could tell ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad with a sawsall scares me. I remember what he used to do with my teeth...... and he hummed the whole time.
    I think you have to be a bit of a sadist to be a dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be such an anti-dentite! The humming only keeps the depression at bay. Facing other people's filthy mouths is not a happy-making experience.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?