Monday, April 20, 2009

Beautiful!

What a beautiful day! This has to be, without a doubt, my favorite time of the year. I used to think it was Autumn but this is so much better. I love not wearing a coat outside and l love not hunting down coats for my little guys. I love how excited they get to run around in the yard and the playgrounds. I love, love, love picking out flowers and plants to make my yard gorgeous. Every year I think I've got to cut back but I never do. Always more baskets and barrels, always more perennials. I love seeing the new leaves appear, seemingly out of nowhere, on my maples and sycamores. I love telling the kids to outside and play!

"For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise, this our hymn of grateful praise."

-From For the Beauty of the Earth by Folliot S. Pierpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?